Thursday, August 1, 2013

Clint's other love...

Last year I found out that Clint had fallen in love.

I was not at all happy about this new relationship he was wanting to pursue and was beyond irritated when I found out about her.

We discussed him bringing this new beauty home to live with us, but I just didn't get it.  I decided the best thing to do was to agree to this new addition, assuming that my negative attitude would be enough to make him change his mind.  He didn't.  I cried the first night she sat in our driveway and might have made Clint sleep on the couch for a night.  I think it took me a good week before I could actually walk out our front door without getting a little teary eyed every time I saw her.  It was not love or even like at first sight for me.

The kids though... The kids loved Clint's teal monstrosity almost as much as he did.  Each and everyone of them thought she was great.  My parents, his parents, most of our friends, they all thought it was just the coolest car.  Ugh!

Last weekend the Good Guys show came to the fairground and Clint was determined to get his beauty and me there.  He spent all day Friday vacuuming, cleaning and buffing her rims.  Even JK and Lillie were thrilled to help. 


They had the "Grocery Go Getter" shinning like she was new when they were finally done.  

Saturday Clint and JK got up at 3am to get their car in line for a prime spot.  Lillie and I met them at the show a little later in the day after a trip to the farmers market and I was honestly shocked at what I saw.  I couldn't believe how many people stopped to take pictures of and with the car and excitedly talked to Clint about his all original beauty.  I honestly just don't get it and was dumbfounded for most of the day.  

I'm just not a car person.  If I was though, we found the cars I like.  They're mostly red with round bodies and run about $100,000.00.  Of course they do!  So, unless we win the lotto (which would mean we'd have to buy a ticket) I guess I better learn to at least pretend to like Clint's car, because honestly my sweet husband has this dream image of the two of us cruising around together in his "other" love. 

Again... Ugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment