Friday, August 16, 2013

Family Birthday Celebration

I swore when Lillie was born just a little over a month after Molly's birthday that we would never, ever combine their birthdays into one party.

That little promise came to an end this year.

Our summer schedule this year has us running in about a billion different directions.  Trying to schedule just one party seemed nearly impossible and two, well it just wasn't going to happen.  So Clint and I decided to break the promise we made nearly 6 years ago by inviting the people we love most over for taco Tuesday. We enjoyed two cakes for dessert and turned a fun little family dinner into a laid back birthday party where we all got to celebrate and spoil our two favorite girls.

I did stick to my guns on the cakes.  Each girl got to choose the type of cake they wanted and each of them got their own cake with their own candles for their very own wishes.  Molly chose strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting and Lillie chose triple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  (Neither of their choices surprised me.)  Though you wouldn't guess it from looking at them, both cakes were equally DELICIOUS!!

If you're noticing that Lillie only has 5 candles on her cake, she does.  Molly quickly pointed that out to me.  I guess I'm just not ready for my baby to be 6.  Her growing up is hurting my heart a little. 

(And here's proof that we fixed the candle situation before any wishes were made.) 

Both Molly and Lillie were spoiled beyond belief.  They got so many great things including lots of really cute clothes.  We did have a little trip to Oregon to do some school clothes shopping at the end of the month planned, but honestly I don't think there is much else that I could get these girls besides maybe a few pairs of shoes and undergarments.  Their closets are literally bursting at the seams with fun new things to wear. 
  

Thank you Molly and Lillie for being so gracious about sharing your birthday celebrations with each other.  You sweet girls make my heart swell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment