Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Recital


Last night Lillie had her Christmas recital for both ballet and hip hop.  As usual she was adorable and did great!  It amazes me how this little girl of ours can pick up and remember several dance routines, but struggles a bit with letter and number recognition.  I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that she can remember exactly what somebody wore yesterday or who played a certain role in a Christmas program last year, but she can't tell me what the letter M is.  I know at some point she'll decide she wants to learn how to read and write and get it all figured out.  So in the meantime I'm trying to not get to stressed out about the progress in which she is learning and am just enjoying the way she chooses to flutter through life so full of animation, excitement and wonder.


This recital was bittersweet for me as Lillie has decided to hangup her ballet shoes for a while and is so badly wanting to try out gymnastics.  I've always believed in letting the kids participate in as many sports as they want, but can't find the time in our schedule to let her take two dance classes and gymnastics all at the same time.  We found a tumbling class near our house that starts with the basic skills that we think will be great for her.  Next year we'll give her the choice to go back to doing dance or getting her into a real gym.  I'm secretly hoping she'll choose dance.  While I wasn't a fan in the beginning, I've come to love watching my sweet girl twirl her little heart out.


No comments:

Post a Comment