Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Angel


For the past few weeks our sweet Lillie girl has been praying, no pleading with God for snow.  So the fact that it happened to start falling on a day that I had kept her home sick did not change the fact that this girl was determined to go outside and enjoy it.

After a half hour of digging through bags of snow clothes I came up with a pair of ski bibs that I don't remember ever seeing before.  Rain boots with several pairs of socks and a pair of gloves that were a little long in the fingers and I'm sure must be Molly's.  My girl may have looked like she ran through a thrift store grabbing random items, but she was warm.  And happy!

After about a half hour of laughing, making snow angels, throwing snow balls and a little bit of sledding she was coughing like crazy and I could tell she was exhausted.  So against her will the fun mom who had made the decision to let her sick child go out and play in the snow that we get so little of was gone.  We spent the rest of the day sipping on sprite, (she would have loved hot cocoa, but I just didn't think her little tummy could handle it and still believe milk products don't go with colds) watching Christmas movies and cuddling.


Allowing Lillie to talk me into letting her go outside with a cold and flu may not have been the responsible mom decision, but seeing the joy on her face and listening to her squeal about how God had answered her prayers while she made snow angels was well worth any criticism I might face.



No comments:

Post a Comment