Monday, July 15, 2013

Camping trip to Belfair State Park

This past weekend we made a last minute decision to join some friends for a little camping trip to Belfair State Park.  While it wasn't my favorite camping spot in the world, it was nice and there was water for the kids to get wet in.  If we got down to it when the tide was in.  If we missed high tide we had to make our way through the mud.




Lots and lots of mud.  That Molly thoroughly enjoyed.

We learned from our first outing to the water to make sure to plan our second day around the tide.  (I refused to spend time trying to save another set of clothes from the mud!)  This time all the kids got to enjoy themselves by swimming and searching the waters for little sea creatures.





 Nice legs, babe!  I don't how I missed that fashion statement when I snapped this picture.

Because so many of our friends have kids JK's age (yes all of these kids but one are in his class and two of them are actually a few months older then him), he had lots of buddies to hang out with. 

We didn't want Molly to feel left out so we let her bring her friend Jasmine along, too.   

She's such a good big sis though and made sure not to let Lillie feel left out.  I heart these girls!


It was such a great weekend and really made me remember how much I love camping.  (Real camping that's not in my parents side yard, that is.)  We're hoping to start doing a lot more of it, which leaves us wondering if it might be time to upgrade to a newer motor home, or maybe even a trailer.  My vote is a trailer.  Our current little home on wheels needs some work done to it, so we're going to have to price it out and then decide if it's worth pouring the money into or just upgrading.  While I love the memories we've created in our little motor home and the fact that we don't have a payment on it.  I'm really hoping to find something a little newer and a little more modern.  

No comments:

Post a Comment