Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Celebrating Seven Years

Yesterday Clint and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary.  Seven. Years.  Wow!  I don't know why this anniversary seemed like such a milestone, but it did.

Clint came home from work with a dozen roses a sweet card and dinner plans.  I was pretty excited about the dinner plans being as I am usually the one planning or at least suggesting date nights.  I'm not so secretly hoping that because we now have a teenager in the house who is responsible enough to watch Lillie, maybe he'll be planning these types of outings a little more often.  (The idea of being in charge of finding a sitter for the kids used to really stress him out.)

We enjoyed a nice dinner that left us feeling so full that we couldn't imagine eating another bite.  Until we drove by Yeti yogurt, that is.  We'd heard their yogurt was the best so we decided not to pass it up.  I'm not sure if it was the super full stomachs, or that we're just partial to Menchie's but neither Clint or I were overly impressed.  We did enjoy the extra half hour of each others company (sans kids) that stopping for yogurt allowed us.

When we got home we were pleasantly surprised to find all three kids already in their pajamas, the house not a disaster and no reports of fighting.  I'm finding more and more perks of having a teenager everyday!  Yes, there is the occasional back talk and moodiness, but overall raising a teenager hasn't been as bad as everyone had said it would be.  I'm actually really enjoy it most days.

We snuggled onto the couch with the kids as they finished the movie they were watching when it occurred to me that Clint and I had not yet taken our annual anniversary picture.  (It's silly, but something I like to do.)  We were both to lazy/ full to get up and get the real camera so we put Clint's cell phone to work.  There were many attempts of self portrait taking and even a few attempts by the girls but we just couldn't get his darn camera phone to take anything that was even kind of decent.  Besides the fact that his lens is covered in dirt and grease, I just don't think it's a high pixel camera.

Out of all of our attempts at capturing an anniversary picture this one was my favorite...
Clint thought he had the little button pushed to take a picture from the front side. Ha!  He's such a dork but I still love him!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment